LCL - Learner Center Learning
LCL as a method to support the learner in circus
Dopo i due progetti europei CATE e PEYC, e con il terzo in corso, denominato ASK, partirà nel 2019 un quarto progetto biennale della rete delle federazioni nazionali di circo educativo.
LCL includes methods of teaching that shifts the focus of instruction from the teacher to the students, focusing on skills and practices that enable lifelong learning and independent problem solving.
This European LCL project assumes that circus promotes empowerment, participation and active citizenship and wants to analyse “the role of the trainer in the use of circus as a means of working with youth in different countries in Europe”. As part of the project the exchanges, which aim to explore the potential of experiential learning methodologies in developing technical progression in circus discipline, without losing the approach centred on the growth of the participants.
Participants will explore the following:
1. LCL as a method for empowerment in circus skills
2. Sharing good practices and methodologies
3. Developing his/her own teaching methodology
4. Self-evaluating and rationalizing his/her own circus pedagogy
The LCL exchange takes place over 5 days. It will encourage to:
• Present and use the LCL methodology
• Share and reflect on good circus teaching practices
• Before and after: get inspired by materials on the methodology shared before the exchange and after the exchange collect feedback and reflections.
Lo scambio è programmato dal gruppo di lavoro dei pedagoghi di EYCO, composto da Tommaso Negri, Andrea Martinez e Sonni Ossapofsky, che prepareranno i contenuti e faciliteranno entrambe le settimane di formazione, oltre a coordinare gli interventi di esperti esterni, fra cui: Steven Desanghere e Tobias Lippek.
Target group: Precondition for attending
The exchange is aimed at people fitting the following criteria:
• Experienced circus teachers with multidisciplinary competences
• Interest in LCL ideas and methods
• Interest in exchanging good practice and developing his/her own methods of teaching
• Ability to share the outcome contents in his/her national context
• Ability to communicate in English and over 18
The exchange will take place twice in different locations. It’s only possible to participate once. Travel, food and accommodation are covered. For each exchange there will be a maximum of 16 participants:
13.-17.9. 2019 - Gschwend/Germany
9.-13.3.2020 - Toulouse/France
Outcomes for participants
The facilitators will produce a “report/handbook” covering the reflections, activities and methods which will come out of the exchange. On the dedicated website all material will be gathered and shared. The results of this process will be disseminated through multiplier events in different countries. It is also important that participants share the outcomes locally and nationally on their return
- per la Germania: Bundesarbeitsgemeinschaft Zirkuspädagogik e.V. - Berlin - DE (Capofila)
- per la Finlandia: Suomen NuorisoSirkusliitto ry - Helsinki - FI (Partner)
- per il Belgio: Vlaams Centrum Voor Circuskunsten Vzw - Gent - BE (Partner)
- per la Francia: Fédération Française des Ecoles de Cirque - PARIS - FR (Partner)
- per la Gran Bretagna: Circus Works - UK (Partner)
- per l'Olanda: Circomundo - Amsterdam - NL (Partner)
- per l'Italia: Ass Giocolieri e Dintorni - Civitavecchia - RM - IT (Partner)
- per la Spagna: Federacion Española de Escuelas de Circo Socio Educativo - ES (Partner)
- per la Slovenia: Slovensko zdruzenje za cirkusko pedagogiko - Cirkokrog (Partner)
- per la Polonia: Fundacja Miasto Projekt (Partner)
- per l'Estonia: Estonian Contemporary Circus Development Centre (Partner)